in Conversation with
Professional, pragmatic HR solutions – as individual as your business and you
Astralis HR Solutions Limited is an HR consultancy established by Amanda Lennon in 2020 following a successful corporate career working in senior HR and legal roles across several sectors including technology and telecoms, facilities, media and advertising, aviation, banking, professional services and the charity sector, in organisations of all sizes. We offer HR support to both employers and employees.
Our services for employers
Amanda’s experience makes her well placed to advise businesses on all aspects of HR strategy and projects from planning to delivery, and her hands on and commercial approach means her work is always aligned to business objectives. Her legal background means that if a matter moves on from pure HR to employment law (regulated) advice, she can continue to provide a seamless, cost-effective service to clients provided her legal advice is given via Spencer West.
We undertake a range of HR solutions on a flexible basis. Examples include:
We can offer a variety of pricing models depending on the needs of the client, such as:
• Interim assignments at an agreed day rate for a fixed or extendable period of time, eg 6-12 months running an HR/related transformation programme, devising and implementing HR strategies, setting up or transforming an HR Shared Service centre, HR aspects of mergers and acquisitions (preparation for sale and purchase, due diligence), organisational design and restructuring, business transfers (TUPE transfers etc).
Ad hoc core HR support
• Fixed-fee HR support to implement or review the foundations of a commercial HR function, eg culture and engagement workshops, drafting and/or reviewing employment documentation such as contracts, policies and procedures, employee handbooks (tailored to the client as required), talent mapping and succession planning workshops, performance review/appraisal documents.
Learning and development support
• Learning and development support on an hourly rate basis or for a fixed fee, eg identifying employees’ training needs, preparing career development plans, devising and delivering tailored training, coaching and mentoring advice.
HR health check
• We conduct an HR health check (a preliminary review of a client’s existing HR processes and procedures with recommendations for improvements) for a fixed fee. This fee is waived if the client engages us to provide further work within a specified period.
Facilitating dispute resolution
• Facilitating dispute resolution between/with employees in the workplace with a view to avoiding litigation, usually on an hourly rate basis.
• A telephone/video call helpline for advising on day to day HR queries and people issues, charged at a fixed fee for a set number of hours per month.
• HR consultancy advice on a retained basis for an agreed period, under which we provided day to day HR advice and support to the client as required.
Employment law advice
• Employment law advice provided by Amanda Lennon as a Partner of Spencer West (due to regulation around the provision of legal advice), on an hourly rate or fixed fee basis.
Our services for employees
We regularly advise employees as well as employers, so we very much understand both perspectives. Examples of the services we provide to employees include:
Drafting and supporting with grievances and complaints, flexible working and other requests.
Advising and coaching employees on their approach when involved in HR processes such as disciplinaries, grievances, performance reviews and consultations.
Helping employees understand and assert their employment rights.